Symptoms in the Pharmacy: A Guide to the Management of Common Illnesses
- Thương hiệu: Ebooks Max30
- Dòng sản phẩm: Y dược
- Miễn phí vận chuyển toàn quốc cho đơn hàng từ 500.000 VNĐ
Fully updated to reflect NHS moves to encourage greater self-care and more use of over-the-counter remedies
Informed by the experiences and expertise of seasoned pharmacists and GPs, this reference guide provides pharmacists working in the community with the treatment information they need when they need it. Each chapter incorporates a decision-making framework which distills the information necessary for treatment along with suggestions on “when to refer” set off in summary boxes. Elucidating case studies are provided throughout, in which pharmacists and doctors describe, in their own words, listening to and treating patients suffering with a range of common problems, from migraine to eczema to IBS.
The indispensable guide to assessing and managing common symptoms seen in the pharmacy
- Includes information about medicines recently reclassified for OTC supply such as those for malaria prophylaxis and erectile dysfunction
- Now includes more highlights of “Red Flag” signs and symptoms
- Covers respiratory, gastrointestinal, skin, ear and eye, cardiovascular, and pain conditions
- Offers specific recommendations for women’s, men’s and children’s health problems
- Provides decision making support for cases involving ethical dilemmas
- Features a visual display of relevant treatment guidelines
- Emphasizes the evidence base for OTC medicines
With expert coverage of most common ailments which will be encountered by pharmacists on a daily basis, Symptoms in the Pharmacy, 8th Edition is a professional resource you’ll want to keep close at hand for frequent consultation.