Nutritional Cosmetics: Beauty from Within, 1st Edition
- Thương hiệu: Ebooks Max30
- Dòng sản phẩm: Mỹ phẩm
- Miễn phí vận chuyển toàn quốc cho đơn hàng từ 500.000 VNĐ
Nutritional cosmetics is an emerging area of intense research and marketing and encompasses the concept that orally consumed dietary products can support healthier and more beautiful skin. There are numerous dietary ingredients now being marketed for their potential skin health and beauty benefits and many of these are supported by growing scientific evidence. The purpose of this book is to compile the scientific evidence showing the potential benefits of some of the more extensively researched ingredients. As far as possible, information about the benefits of ingredients consumed orally for skin health is presented.
The information contained in this book will help provide insights into an emerging research area and provide scientific background for the potential clinical effectiveness for some of the better researched nutricosmetic ingredients.
ABOUT THE EDITORS
Aaron Tabor, M.D. is the CEO of Physicians Pharmaceuticals and author of The Revival Slim & Beautiful Diet. A graduate of the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Dr. Tabor oversees all clinical research on the Revival Slim & Beautiful Diet plan, conducting randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled studies at leading hospitals in the U.S. Areas of note include weight loss, skin/hair/nail appearance, energy, menopause, PMS, cholesterol, memory, and diabetic health. He is also responsible for directing new Revival product development based on clinical research results.
Robert M. Blair, Ph.D. is the Research Manager for Physicians Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and manages the daily activities of the Research and Nutrition departments. Dr. Blair received his Ph.D. from Oklahoma State University in the field of Reproductive Physiology. Before joining Physicians Pharmaceuticals, Inc., he worked as an Assistant Professor of Comparative Medicine at the Wake Forest University School of Medicine where he examined the effects of dietary soy on cardiovascular health and cognitive function.
- Reviews the most-popular and most-researched nutricosmetic ingredients
- Presents information specifically about the benefits of ingredients consumed orally for skin health
- Considers the benefits of whey protein, rosemary, soy – and green tea and milk thistle, specifically, for protection against sun damage and photocarcinogenesis
- Provides information on antioxidants, incl: potential benefits of botanical antioxidants; carotenoids; coenzyme Q10; healthy fruits; olive fruit; and natural enzymes