Modern Mandarin Chinese Grammar & Workbook
- Thương hiệu: Ebooks Max30
- Dòng sản phẩm: Chinese
- Miễn phí vận chuyển toàn quốc cho đơn hàng từ 500.000 VNĐ
Modern Mandarin Chinese Grammar provides an innovative reference guide to Mandarin Chinese, combining traditional and function-based grammar in a single volume.
The Grammar is divided into two parts. Part A covers traditional grammatical categories such as phrase order, nouns, verbs and specifiers. Part B is carefully organized around language functions and notions such as:
- Communication strategies
- Making comparisons
- Giving and seeking information
- Expressing apologies, regrets and sympathies
The two parts of the Grammar are closely linked by extensive cross-references, providing a grammatical and functional perspective on many patterns. All grammar points and functions are richly illustrated with examples, with a strong focus on contemporary usage.
Main features of the grammar include:
- Examples given in simplified characters, traditional characters and romanization (pinyin)
- Clear explanations and accessible descriptions
- Particular attention to areas of particular difficulty for learners of Mandarin Chinese
Implementing feedback from users of the first edition of the Grammar, this second edition has been revised throughout to offer expanded explanations, examples, cross-referencing, and indexing and brand new chapters on aspect, resultative verbs, directional verbs and "ba" sentences.
This is the ideal reference grammar for learners of Mandarin Chinese at all levels, from elementary to advanced. No prior knowledge of grammatical terminology is assumed and a glossary of grammatical terms is provided. This Grammar is accompanied by the Modern Mandarin Chinese Grammar Workbook which features related exercises and activities.
Modern Mandarin Chinese Grammar Workbook is a book of exercises and language tasks for all learners of Mandarin Chinese. Divided into two sections, the Workbook initially provides exercises based on essential grammatical structures, and moves on to practice everyday functions such as making introductions, apologizing and expressing needs.
With an extensive answer key at the back to enable students to check on their progress, main features include:
- exercises at various levels of challenge for a broad range of learners
- cross-referencing to the related Modern Mandarin Chinese Grammar
- a comprehensive index to exercises alphabetically arranged in terms of structures, functions, and key Chinese structure vocabulary.
This second edition also offers a revised and expanded selection of exercises including new task-based exercises.