How to Write and Publish a Scientific Paper, 8th Edition
- Thương hiệu: Ebooks Max30
- Dòng sản phẩm: Sách English
- Miễn phí vận chuyển toàn quốc cho đơn hàng từ 500.000 VNĐ
Now thoroughly updated and expanded, this new edition of a classic guide offers practical advice on preparing and publishing journal articles as well as succeeding in other communication-related aspects of a scientific career.
Writing and publishing journal articles are essential aspects of a successful scientific career. Unfortunately, many scientists find the process of communicating about their work intimidating and confusing. Now in its eighth edition, How to Write and Publish a Scientific Paper teaches how to apply clear focus, good organization, and simple, straightforward language to write papers as well as communicate effectively in many other scientifically related applications.
By providing practical, readable, and sometimes humorous guidance, this book enables researchers to gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in communicating about their work. The authors not only guide readers in the craft of scientific writing―broken down into the separate tasks of writing the respective sections of a scientific paper and then publishing the paper―but also address important related psychological, ethical, logistical, and cultural considerations in communicating about science.
Chapter topics include composing (and requesting) recommendation letters, writing grant proposals, providing peer review, editing one's own work, preparing oral presentations and poster presentations, and working with the popular media. This is an essential resource for researchers―both native and non-native users of English―with limited experience writing scientific papers, such as graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and early-career faculty members.
- Provides practical, easy-to-read, and immediately applicable guidance on preparing each part of a scientific paper: from the title and abstract, through each section of the main text, to the acknowledgments and references
- Explains step by step how to decide to which journal to submit a paper, what happens to a paper after submission, and how to work effectively with a journal throughout the publication process
- Includes key advice on other communication important to success in scientific careers, such as giving presentations and writing proposals
- Presents an insightful insider's view of how journals actually work―and describes how best to work with the